Saturday, December 2, 2017

Turkey

This past Thanksgiving, I baked a Turkey and it turned out awesome. I definitely going to use the same recipe again. I like to share the recipe with everyone.  Here you go.  Again, I brined the turkey for 2 days and I put in my garage and in the cooler surrounded with ice. The next day, I took it out and put it in the sink. Then I boiled a pot of hot water and pour over the skin of the turkey and let it sit in room temperature.  Then I dried it with papertowel and then rubbed butter , olive oil and fresh herbs all over it. The final product turn out so moist and yummy.

Ingredients:

Recipe: for 18lbs-20lbs turkey (Brine Seasoning)🦃 
1 1/2 cup salt, 1cup sugar, 1 cup chicken powder, 1soup spoon garlic powder, 1 soup spoon white pepper, 1 cup cooking wine or beer, 2 can coco rico, 30cup water, 1 soup spoon black pepper (whole seeds), 1/2 handful rosemary, hand size ginger cut thin (I mash it a lil with the meat tenderizer), 1/2-1 onion cut wedges, 1 head garlic. 
Next day have a medium pot boiling water ready, take the turkey out sit in the clean sink pour boiling water on the breast size then turn it pour on the bone size so it get tender (you can see the pores are closing as u pour the boiling water) 
Turn down 350* for 3hrs covered in foil 
After 3hrs take foil out roast another 30’ still at 350. 
No need to check in the middle or pour the broth on turkey! It turn out moist and flavorful!

Soak the turkey in that mixture overnight in the fridge or cooler fill with ice. I used the brand new trash bag and put the turkey in.

Sit in the roast pan have rack, add in onion, apple, orange, carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, a can of chicken broth, (I added ginger it’s smell good after.
Set Oven Roast 400* for 1hr covered in foil

Enjoy!

No comments: