Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shrimp stir-fry with green bean - Thai's style



I just learned a new recipe, shrimp stir-fry with green beans from EL sis. The original recipe has string beans instead of green beans. Since i can't find string beans, I used green beans instead. Also, this dish has sweet soya bean paste in it, and I can't seem to find it either. Therefore, I substituted with tom yum and chilli bean sauce.

Ingredients:
1 pound of string beans (I used green beans)
6-10 shrimp (I used 12 shrimp - peeled and deveined)
1/2 white onion (sliced)
a bunch of Thai's basil
1 tsp of sweet soya bean paste (I used tomyum & chilli bean sauce)
1 TB of oyster sauce
1/2 tsp of fish sauce
1/2 tsp of chicken bouillon powder
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of chilli powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
3 cloves of thin slice of garlic

Method:
-Stir-fry string bean/green beans with oil (1 min - put aside)
-Add olive oil in the wok, and put in thin slices of garlic.
-Add the shrimp, and stir well (don't cook it comletely)
-Add in all the sauce and the rest of the ingredients. (stir in medium heat)
-Add in the onion slices, string beans/green beans (stir for a few min)
-Add in Thai's basil
-Serve with jasmine rice

Enjoy!

No comments: