Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Vietnamese Honey Comb Cake with Pandan Flavor - Part II (Bánh Bò Nướng Lá Dứa)

It has been a while since I bake Honey comb cake. Therefore, I decided to bake it this evening. I used the same recipe as before. It's quite easy to make actually. Like I said before, there is always the first time for everything. The more practice the better. When you are done mixing the batter, it should be runny. Also, the texture of this cake should be chewy, and resemble tunnels extend from the base to the top of the cake. See below.

http://trucvy-zoe.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html




After 45 minutes in the 350 degree oven, it's done.




Looks good huh?


The batter should be runny like below when you ready to put in the oven.


Here is a closer look.




Let the cake rest a while before you take out from the mould.


The cake should look like a honeycomb when cut.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this for the first time and it turned out okay (for my 1st attempt) but no honycomb effect like yours, where did i go wrong?

Zoe said...

This happened to me before too. And you need to pay attention to the following details:

- make sure you use the right brand of flour. I tried other brands and it would not work.

- Don't beat your eggs too much. I usually just mixed it until the eggs are blend with the flour.

- Put the pan in the oven for 5 minutes before you pour the mixture in.

-Make sure your baking powder is not old.

-Don't open the oven for the first 30 minutes.

Good luck!

-Zoe

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe

I'd be appreciated if you can post the picture of the brand of tapioca flour which you used? or the full name of the brand?

Zoe said...

Below is the picture of the picture of the tapioca brand.

http://www.sunwahfoods.com/images/upload/060529213018eratapiocaflour400g.jpg