Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chinese BBQ (Char Siu) Roasted Chicken

One of my net pal showed me how to make Chinese BBQ roasted chicken. I made some changes to the recipe below.

I love my Rotisserie oven. It takes all the FAT out. Check out all the oil came from the chicken.



After an hour, it's ready to be served. Nice color huh?



It's all chopped up ready to be eaten. This goes well with the kimchi I made last week.

(Recipe của chị Nguyet Thy)
Ingredients:
3lbs chicken legs or 1 medium chicken
4 Tbsp Char Siu seasoning
1 tpsp of cooking wine (I used 1TB of white wine)
1 tbsp of oil (I used 2 TBs of olive oil)
1 tsp soy sauce ( I used 2 TB of soy sauce)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oinon powder
I also added a little bit of dry thyme leaves.
Method:
1) Marinate the chicken with all the spices for 2-3 hours.
2) Roasted in 350 degree oven
3) Add a little bit of tapioca flour to the remaining marinate
4) Brush the chicken every 30 minutes with the remaining marinate.

2 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

I don't know, the red color chicken scare me leh. Guess I‘m not use to seeing red chicken。

Zoe said...

It's okay. Just think of it as Roasted Duck. Roasted Duck is red color too. I guess it's take a while to get used to :-)

-Zoe